Fort Worth, TXGE Locomotive Manufacturing
GE built a new locomotive manufacturing facility in Fort Worth, Texas in 2007. American Track took over the design and construction of the rail portion of the project. One of the key concerns of this project was the relatively limited property on which to construct everything the customer wanted. Extremely tight curves and custom diamond crossing frogs were designed in order to meet the customers needs.
- 11,103 Total Feet of Track
- 9,552 Total feet of track in direct fixation or embedded in concrete.
- Two custom designed crossing diamonds
- Ten fully embedded turnouts with integrated drainage
- Crain Rail installed for two Transfer Table
- Fabrication of Transfer Tables
Start: January, 2012
End: November, 2012
Cost: $3.5 Million
American Track Location:
American Track can meet any of your track needs whether it’s a few hundred feet or miles of track construction.
Our in-house engineers have vast field experience allowing them to optimize designs for both functionality and constructibility.
Our vast experience in the rail industry allows us to offer many services that or competitors do not. Some of these services include: Design/Build, Track Scales, Rail Bridges, Unloading Pits, Embedded Track, Direct Fixation, Insulated joints, Crossings, Circle Track and Crane Rail.